Thursday, December 15, 2005

Enemy Territory


I'm up late taking care of some last minute items before my trip. If the "wintry mix" holds off (were supposed to get a nice coating of ice throughtout the area including rain that freezes on contact!) long enough I'll be on my way to Boston, MA @ 12:50 pm.

I'm always a little tense as prepare to enter the heart of the upper Northeast. It's enemy territory! The home of the Boston Red Sox. Sam, what do you think of the Red Sox? "Booo," says Sam in a cute but still condescending way. Yes spring training is still a few months away, but the rivalry still lives on. I'm going to make every effort possible to focus on the task at hand, making the prelimary plans for this year's Student Institute of Campus Missions (aka SICM), but I can't help but be distracted. My affection for the Yankees keeps me from feeling completely comfortable in the Red Sox Nation. Maybe, if I have a little time while walking around town, I can make a stop @ Fenway Park...I may need to use the bathroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home