Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Why am I still up?

It's 1:41 am and I'm still up. Why? Game 3 of the World Series has just gone into the bottom of the 13th and it is now officially the longest World Series game ever played. I don't know what it is about this series, but I can't stop watching it.

Usually the baseball postseason is filled with both excitement and angst. As the Yankees advance, I am filled with the hope of another championship but also the assurance of October stress as they continue the hunt. This year, however, the Yankees bowed out early and although I wish they would have done better, I'm enjoying the relief. What a story! Chicago without a series win since 1917 and Houston has never even been in it. All of the games have been fun to watch and are riveting to the end (however long it goes). So I'll continue to enjoy some great baseball and root for some great baseball. I hope this one goes all seven--it's too long until next April!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home