Thursday, October 27, 2005

Barforama!

Sam's sick. It's been very evident by the smell of our house and the fact that our paper towels are in short supply. He's developed some sort of stomach virus over the last weekend and it became evident to us on Tuesday. Actually I was the first to notice.

It began as a distinct odor. A diaper change was necessary. When I laid Sam down on the changing pad, I noticed that his back was starting to get wet, and much to my chagrin, it wasn't because he spilled his juice box. I quickly transported him to the bathroom and did what any good father would do...I yelled for Jen!

I've been thinking about the spiritual ramifications of this event. First I pondered why God made our body excretions smell so bad and stick to everything. I didn't get any answers. But God did remind me of how I have a tendency to make a mess of myself all the time. (For those of you who are wondering, I am out of diapers, the mess is figurative). Sam knew how to take care of his mess. He cried. Mom and Dad are programmed to try to stop his crying as quickly as possible and the mess was taken care of in a few minutes. My messes usually are not as easy to clean up. I also have a tendency to hide the mess which makes things more difficult to make right. I need to take a lesson from Sam. When I make a mess of my life, I need to cry out to my heavenly father and trust in His help to make things right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home