Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Meanwhile back on campus...

Crowd shot 3
Crowd shot 3,
originally uploaded by auchialpha.
While I've been spending time getting to know Levi, our students have been participating in Passion Week a gathering of the AU Christian Community to focus on Jesus' sacrifice. Chi Alpha birthed the idea and helped to organize the event.

Tonight, assured that Jen had plenty of help I slipped away and participated in an Open Worship service held in the campus amphitheater. It was an amazing time. The ampitheater was full of from all backgrounds students singing, praying and meditating on sin, sacrifice and redemption. The songs and prayers reverberated on the three dorms surrounding it.

It was a special moment for me personally. When Jen and I first walked on campus @ AU seven years ago, we prayed in the amphitheater. I imagined the Spirit of God rising up from the stage of the amphitheater and flooding the campus. That's where we felt God was calling us to AU. I smiled as before my eyes that dream came true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home