Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Uncle Dave, we'll miss you


With the joy and excitement of the birth of our son Levi, this week also brings some sadness. My uncle, David Regan, after suffering with pancreatic cancer, passed away the day before Levi was born. Uncle Dave was always quick to crack a joke, passionate about politics (the conservative type) and a joy to be around. He introduced me to C-Span and the Klondike Bar and while I never got into following the latest legislation make it's way through the halls of government, I've been known to indulge in an ice cream bar or two.

Today is Uncle Dave's funeral. I so wish I could be there, but for obvious reasons, I can't. Even still, I want to honor him in a small way. I think that I'll stop by the grocery store, grab a pack of Klondikes and eat one with my son Sam (sorry Levi, you'll have to wait). It's my way of passing on the sweetness that Uncle Dave brought to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home